Abuja National ID Registration Centers
Registering for a national ID is one important thing that every Nigerian citizen has to do. So, in this article, you will get to know all the National ID registration centers there are in Abuja. This will help you find one that is nearest to your location so you can register for your national ID.
Importance of Having a National ID
Registering for a national ID gives you access to your National Identification Number (NIN). It is a set of numbers that is used to identify every Nigerian citizen. So when you have your NIN, every record about you which can be used to establish or verify your identity will be tied to those numbers.
Who Is Eligible For NIN?
According to the National Identity Management Commission, every person from the age of 0 is eligible for the NIN but only people from the age of 16 can get their National ID cards.
What Do You Need To Register For a National ID?
To register for NIN or National ID cards, you will need to visit one of the National ID registration centers closest to you. And you are going to be needing any of the documents that I have listed below. They have to be the original copies and they also have to be valid for you to be able to register for a national ID.
- An old National ID Card
- A driver’s license
- A permanent or temporary voter’s card
- An attestation letter from someone prominent in your community
- A birth certificate
- A declaration of age
- An attestation letter from a traditional or religious leader
- An NHIS ID card
- A government staff ID card
- An ID card from a registered or recognized private organization
- A school ID card, either from a public or private school
- A tax clearance certi
- A Nigerian Commission for Refugees certificate
- A refugee ID card
- And a refugee factsheet
So if you have any of the documents I have listed above, you can walk into one of the National ID registration centers near you to enrol for a national ID.
National ID Registration Centers in Abuja
So that it will be easy for you to identify a location nearest you, I have listed all the national ID registration centers in Abuja below. The list comprises the name of the enrolment centers and their addresses.
- State Office: 2nd Floor, Block C, No. 3 Maputo Street, Zone 3
- Abaji LGA: Abaji Local Government Secretariat (Council Chambers), Off Kogi-Agbaji Expressway, Abaji
- Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (AEDC): AEDC Distribution Center, Lugbe, Federal Housing Authority (FHA)
- AMAC LGA: AMAC Secretariat, Kabusa Junction, Apo Village
- Bwari LGA: Bwari Area Council Secretariat, Bwari
- Dakwa: Dakwa’s Chief Palace
- Deidei international market: Dei-Dei International Building Materials Market
- Dutse ERC: Dutse Alhaji Chief Palace
- The Faith Academy school in Kubwa
- The Maitama Federal High Court
- The Federal Road Safety Commission in Wuse Zone 7
- The Federal Secretariat in Phase 1 Ground Floor, SGF Hall, Ahmadu Bello Way
- Gwagwalada LGA: The Old Federal Secretariat after Atlas Hotel
- Gwarinpa FHA: Third Avenue beside Police Station
- The Lugbe High Court by Police signboard. It is close to the Lugbe market along the Airport road.
- The INEC headquarters in Maitama
- The Chief’s palace in Jiwa
- The Women Development Center in Karshi, just opposite Secretariat
- The Kenuj Angels Schools in Jikwoyi Phase 1 extension
- Kuje LGA: Opposite Forest Pasali, along Kuje/Gwagwalada Road
- The Chief’s Palace in Kurudu
- Kwali LGA: Kwali Area Council Secretariat, Abuja/Lokoja Expressway, Kwali
- Mambilla Barracks in Asokoro
- The Ministry of Agriculture at Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, Ahmadu Bello Way
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs at Federal Ministry Of Agriculture, Area 11, Garki
- The Mogadishu Cantonment at Mogadishu Barracks, after A.Y.A, on Nyanya-Mararba Road
- National Assembly opposite Zenih bank
- Nigeria Immigration Service Head Quarters ERC, Sauka, Airport Road Abuja
- The Karu Customs workshop close to Customs clinic
- NIPOST opposite the Kubwa general hospital in Phase 4
- The National Orientation Agency at Old Federal Secretariat, Area 1, Garki
- National Open University in Jabi
- The Kubwa NYSC camp
- The Public Service Institute Of Nigeria, Kubwa Road, Dutse
- Yellow House hheadquarters at the Aso Villa
You can enrol for a National ID in one of the National Id registration centers that I’ve mentioned above. Did you find this article helpful? Then follow aroundabuja.com for more updates.