Administrative Assistant at Chemonics International
About the Company
Chemonics International is one of the top partners in global development because, in areas where Chemonics operates, development thrives. Since our establishment in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 nations to support our clients, partners, and beneficiaries as they face some of the most difficult issues on the planet. In order to provide necessary medications to the appropriate location at the right time, we are now reimagining global supply networks. More than 4,000 specialists work together in our global network with a single-minded commitment to do things better because we believe that the world can and should be better.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Job Type: Ful-Time
We are looking for an energetic and highly motivated administrative assistant to support the completion of all administrative, reporting, contractual, financial, and personnel tasks.
To improve service delivery efficiency and accountability, the administrative assistant will guarantee close functional coordination with key stakeholders, partner workers, and the home-office team.
The Operations and Finance Director of FHM Engage Nigeria will supervise and report to the Administrative Assistant. This full-time post is anticipated to begin on or about December 1, 2022, as the approximate start date.
Assignment takes place in Abuja, Nigeria. We are searching for people who are passionate about improving people’s lives all across the world.
Chemonics International Inc., a US-based organization with operations in over 80 nations, launched the Nigeria-based Frontier Health Markets Engage project with funding from USAID. FHM Engage envisions a world in which health markets are responsive, egalitarian, resilient, and driven by consumer needs. It is USAID’s flagship private sector health project.
By building on existing structures and providing powerful behavioral, technical, and managerial approaches, FHM Engage—led by Chemonics and its core partners, co-technical lead Results for Development, Pathfinder, and Zenysis—catalyzes the adoption of new, contextually-relevant pathways in health market development.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist program employees in scheduling all project-related travel, visas, and hotel accommodations.
- aid in project procurement of materials and labor; oversee maintenance agreements
- Ensure office equipment is functioning, including analyzing maintenance needs, making necessary repairs, keeping equipment inventories, and assessing new equipment.
- assist in processing accounting transactions in compliance with Chemonics policies and general accounting principles.
- processing requests for the purchase of goods and services and keeping a current supplier list
- To guarantee effective support for the project, perform any additional administrative duties such as filing, copying, and running errands as directed by leadership.
- gathers and arranges incoming and outgoing mail
- Perform any additional duties that may be required, and be in charge of supplying administrative and logistical assistance.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A minimum of two years of expertise in bookkeeping and finance
- Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word and Excel
- Possess good multitasking and organizing abilities.
- The capacity for effective and clear communication
- English language proficiency essential
- Demonstrated honesty, adaptability, and leadership
- The ability to work in Nigeria must be granted.
- Strong organizational, time management, and attention to detail abilities. Preferably, you have experience with funding and accounting for USAID programs or those funded by other foreign donors.
- Demonstrated capacity for productive teamwork.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: FHMNigeriaRecruit@chemonics.com using “Administrative Assistant” as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 17th October, 2022.
- Please don’t call with questions. Finalists will hear from Chemonics. Applications will be examined continuously.
- Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring decisions based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political allegiance, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or any other non-merit factors.
- The safety of your personal information is important to Chemonics. Please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice if you are in the European Union to find out how we handle personal data. Through the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/, you can access the notice.
- demonstrated capacity for productive teamwork
Register on our platform, Aroundabuja.com to stay updated with jobs and other affairs in Abuja.