Chief Information Officer at Jaiz Bank
About the Company
Nigeria’s first interest-free bank is Jaiz Bank. We are a national bank and a publicly traded enterprise with over 26,000 stockholders located across Nigeria’s six geopolitical zones. By the end of 2016, the Bank’s balance sheet had increased from N12 billion in 2012 to over N68 billion, with asset financing totaling more than N30 billion. Our customer base has increased to over 230 000 and now includes people from all social classes. Our selection of products has expanded significantly and now includes everything from welcoming retail items to business and corporate goods. Additionally, our branch network has expanded from 3 branches in 2012 to 30 branches, which are dispersed around the nation. We are expanding our branches to meet the demands of the millions of individuals who are yearning for quality banking services.
Job Title: Chief Information Officer
Job Type: Full-time
The incumbent of the position is in charge of managing IT personnel and vendors and ensuring that daily IT operations function successfully. The position holder is responsible for creating and executing the IT strategy, managing all technology investments, setting the budget and carrying out agreed-upon plans, and leading the design and implementation of new technology as dictated by business needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with the company leaders to help the various departments achieve their objectives by utilizing creative technological applications.
- Create IT strategies in collaboration with the business
- preparing for the accomplishment of strategic goals; control the implementation and assessment of outcomes.
- Designing the IT environment and overseeing change implementation
- Implement and carry out proactive maintenance, monitoring, and support procedures to offer the organization an IT infrastructure that is dependable and stable.
- Determine the status of business risk and make that appropriate mitigation technique are implemented and working, including Planning and execution of disaster recovery and business continuity measures Provide users of all ICT systems with incident support within SLA.
- Ensure the integrity of all corporate data and the security of the whole IT infrastructure.
- Control outside suppliers and vendors
- Oversee and control the activities of the IT department.
- IT staff professional development; performance management
- Keep your technical knowledge up to date so you can fix IT problems and successfully supervise IT personnel and outside experts as necessary.
- In conjunction with all business units, develop the IT budget and oversee execution.
- Keep abreast on emerging trends and technologies in your industry as well as general IT requirements.
- Establishing the scope, establishing timetables, controlling costs, and coordinating resources are all aspects of project management.
- Identification of all IT policies needed for the growth of the firm.
- Ensure that any IT license agreements are being followed.
Our Ideal Candidate
- a first degree with a heavy emphasis in information systems in computer science or engineering, systems engineering, or operational sciences.
- It is necessary to have a master’s degree in one of these fields or to hold technical certificates.
- Certifications in project management and IT service management will be helpful.
- 15 years of management experience overseeing or leading significant IT operational teams
- corporate control over IT (GOVN L5)
- Architecture for solutions (ARCH L6)
- a track record of successfully overseeing many projects while paying close attention to detail
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical teams; strong people skills
- obsessed with customer happiness and service
- Flexible: able to operate well under pressure, have a strong sense of urgency, and be able to respond rapidly to rapid change
- Analytical, logical, and decision-making abilities in solving technical problems.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click the application link below and apply.
Click here to apply
If you are interested in the job and wish to relocate, our platform Arounabuja will provide you with all you need to know including the cheapest places to live in Abuja. We also have a long list of side hustles in Abuja you can engage in to complement your income.