Country Director (CD) – Nigeria at Evidence Action
About the Company
The goal of Evidence Action is to close the implementation gap between what is effective for global health and development and what is widely adopted. One of our signature initiatives is the Deworm the World Initiative, which aims to eradicate intestinal worms from all at-risk children in order to improve their health, access to education, and ability to earn a living.
We are hiring for the role listed below:
Job Title: Country Director (CD)
Job Type: Full-Time
- The goal of substantially enhancing the long-term prospects for hundreds of millions of people through tried-and-true, scaled-up initiatives will motivate the Country Director (CD) for Nigeria.
- He or she will oversee all activities and programs for Evidence Action in Nigeria.
- We are searching for a dynamic and vivacious leader who excels at motivating others and creating a culture of high levels of accountability, achievement, and empowerment within the team.
- Strong strategic and analytical skills, as well as comfort with data use to continuously assess and enhance extremely successful and expansive initiatives, will be brought by the CD.
- He/She will oversee the development of current programming into new health domains based on rigorous proof of impact in addition to leading an interesting and expanding program.
- The country director will uphold the three fundamental tenets of scalability, cost-effectiveness, and evidence in all of the organization’s programs and operations.
- The Director, West and Central Africa will receive reports from the Country Director, who will be stationed in Abuja. He or she will also be a part of the regional leadership for Africa.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- The country director will work with the organization’s strategic partners to lead and/or contribute to the formulation of the Nigeria program’s strategy and vision. He or she will also help design important regional and international strategies.
- A draft of the nation’s annual goals and team priorities.
- Determine the dangers, both immediate and long-term, and take steps to mitigate them.
- Make ensuring that decisions are in line with program data, local stakeholder data, and global organizational priorities.
- Maintain all necessary national registrations and legal requirements, report to and support efficient local board leadership, and make sure all national laws and regulations, as well as organizational policies, are followed.
- Manage Evidence Action programs in Nigeria in cooperation with global and regional leadership teams.
- Oversee program activities in Nigeria, such as field operations, research and evaluation, information systems, and support roles
- Establish and improve program delivery systems to guarantee high-quality program implementation and service provision.
- Ensure that program monitoring findings and insights are applied to enhance or maintain program performance by coordinating with the MLE team.
- Work closely with national, subnational, and local government stakeholders to identify and resolve issues that could have an impact on the program’s quality.
Our Ideal Candidate
- The Country Director for Nigeria will hold a degree in a related field, such as business, social sciences, public health, or health management;
- A desire in broadening their horizons within a mission-driven organization committed to impact at scale, and at least seven years of experience leading and managing program-related activities.
- In order to actively guarantee that we thoroughly ingrained this strategy into all initiatives, he/she must be enthusiastic about leading a cross-cutting team inside an organization that sees learning and the application of rigorous evidence as core to its mission.
- The ideal applicant must have expertise working in underdeveloped nations.
- A self-driven and determined personality with a track record of meeting deadlines and adhering to objectives while managing requests from numerous clients;
- Strong technical aptitude, notably in programs for nutrition, wash, or health;
- Practical knowledge of controlling and interacting with data;
- Innately sceptical, academically curious, organized, and detail-oriented;
- Proven leadership abilities in Nigeria and/or other Sub-Saharan African nations, as well as knowledge of managing a multi-cultural team;
- A critical, analytical, and process-focused thinker who is prepared to form and modify opinions in light of new information;
- A thorough knowledge of and practical expertise in consultancy or other client- and service-focused positions;
- Accountability and administration of the national board
- the capacity to function well in unclear situations and to thrive as a member of a dynamic leadership team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should
Click here to apply online