What is the Distance from Abuja to Damaturu?
If you want to travel from Abuja to Damaturu and want to find out the distance from Abuja to Damaturu and how much it costs, then you just found the right place to give you the answer you seek.
- 1. Quick Facts
- 2. What is the distance between Damaturu and Abuja by Road?
- 3. What is the Distance between Damaturu and Abuja by Air?
- 4. How much is Transport from Abuja to Damaturu by Road?
- 5. How much does it cost to travel from Abuja to Damaturu by Air?
- 6. Things to Consider While Choosing Abuja to Damaturu Bus
- 7. Important Tips for Travellers
Damaturu is the capital city of Yobe State in the North-Eastern part of Nigeria. The location of the city in the savannah and the unique soil Damaturu has supports the cultivation of crops like sorghum, millet, peanuts, and more.
Before we go deep, here are a few details that might find very important.
- Distance by Road: 708.5 km
- Distance by Air: 573 km (309 nautical miles)
- Shortest Route: Via A3
- Travel duration by Road: 10 hr 3 min
- Travel duration by Air: 4 hr 34 min (including taxi from Maiduguri to Damaturu)
- Bus Ticket Price: $35 – $50
- Flight Ticket Price: $152 – $232 (including taxi from Maiduguri to Damaturu)
What is the distance between Damaturu and Abuja by Road?
The road via A3 covers a total distance of 708.5 km. On average, traveling from Abuja to Damaturu takes an estimated time of about 10 hr 3 min, this might however change due to some factors which will be listed below:
- The route Taken.
- The condition of the vehicle taken.
- Bad roads.
What is the Distance between Damaturu and Abuja by Air?
The distance from Damaturu to Abuja by air is 573 kilometers. This is equivalent to 309 nautical miles.
How much is Transport from Abuja to Damaturu by Road?
The cost of transportation from Abuja to Damaturu, Yobe State, is approximately $35 however this price could change from time to time due to the following factors:
- Fuel pumps price at the time of travel.
- Time/season of travelling.
- The number of buses available.
- The travel company you are patronizing.
How much does it cost to travel from Abuja to Damaturu by Air?
Damaturu does not have an airport thus traveling from Abuja to Damaturu by flight is not possible. However, you can fly to Maiduguri before taking a taxi to Damaturu. This new arrangement would cost about $152 to $282.
Things to Consider While Choosing Abuja to Damaturu Bus
There are always things to consider before you embark on any journey however, these things you need should consider before embarking on your journey:
The first thing to consider when choosing a bus from Abuja to Damaturu is your budget. This is very important as you cannot travel without first penning down how you expect to spend throughout the journey.
There is only one major route that connects Abuja directly with Damaturu. This, however, does not stop buses from taking other alternative routes for special reasons.
If for any reason there is going to be a diversion on this route, you should be informed right from the park. If you are ok with the move, you take the bus. Else, you look for another bus.
Location of the Terminal
As with any journey, we always advise that you take advantage of any bus terminal that is located proximal to where you stay.
The idea is to always go for the terminal that is close to where you stay.
Some transport companies offer air-conditioned vehicles throughout the journey, while others can afford to offer passengers some snacks along the way.
Whatever the case, stick to what is convenient for you.
Important Tips for Travellers
Just before we go, remember to:
- Prepare and leave your house early.
- Get some good sleep the night before the journey.
- Make sure you empty your bowels before leaving your house in the morning.
- Some face masks would be necessary in order to abide by Covid-19 travel restrictions.
- Carry some extra clothing because of changes in weather.
- Leave your house early even though it is a short trip.
- Read signposts to know your whereabouts.
- Remind the driver of your get-off destination as you are approaching the town.
- Keep a good communication flow with someone at home or the destination you are headed to.
- Be open to learning, as you will experience some little culture shock in the new environment.
Do have a stress-free journey, from all of us at AroundAbuja.com.