Manager at Nourishing Africa
Providing for Africa We think that the African food ecosystem depends heavily on small and medium-sized businesses. Visionary, active, and creative business owners who work as primary producers, aggregators, processors, distributors, financiers and technology suppliers, chefs, coos, consultants, and innovators are the force behind these firms. They are known as change agents.
We are hiring for the role listed below:
Job Type: Manager
Job Type: Full-Time
The Manager is in charge of carrying out and supervising Nourishing Africa’s administration, programs, and strategic plan while assisting in the search for, acquisition of, and engagement with donors and funders. The job reports directly to Nourishing Africa’s founder.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Organize the organization’s overall operating roles and tasks.
- To create, submit, and track quarterly budgets, collaborate with the accounts team.
- Create and implement effective procedures and structures that help the organization achieve its objectives.
- To achieve organizational productivity and goals, plan and allot resources.
- Make strategic decisions that are accountable to the organization’s policies and procedures as well as those of its funders and partners, and that are morally and financially sound.
- Create and maintain mechanisms for controls and feedback.
- Review performance information, such as impact, activity, and financial reports, to keep an eye on results and gauge overall efficacy.
- As required or requested, create periodic reports for the management and board to monitor the achievement of the strategic goals.
- Benchmarking and ensuring that best practices are continuously reviewed and changed as necessary.
- Organize all contacts with and logistics for the organization’s specified stakeholders.
- Carry out additional tasks and obligations as allocated by the Board. Development • Create and implement the company’s fundraising plan.
- Find and involve possible funders and donors.
- Prepare and deliver background documents and packages to prospective donors and partners.
- Create grant applications, reports, and communication; be in charge of timely submission.
- Engage sponsors and contributors by soliciting their input frequently and hosting meetings and events as needed.
- Work with human resources to hire and motivate employees for the company.
- In accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures, supervise and direct the staff.
- Assign responsibility and put in place methods for monitoring performance and providing feedback.
- Promote a culture of diversity, cooperation, and support among staff members, and create a supportive environment that allows each individual and department to succeed.
- Actively support a workplace culture that is in line with the organization’s overarching goal, vision, guiding principles, and values.
- Advocacy and public relations use a variety of marketing techniques and advertising initiatives.
- As needed, create press releases.
- Raising the organization’s profile on the continent and around the world will require cooperation from the team, partners, and stakeholders.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree and at least five years of professional experience.
How to Apply
Candidates who meet the requirements should email their resume and a cover letter (no longer than one page) to email@example.com with the job title as the subject line.
We will contact only those who are qualified.
Additionally, our guide on how to get around Abuja is your surest platform to living in Abuja as a young person. You can also check out our list of highly lucrative in-demand skills and position yourself for job opportunities in Abuja.
To further help young people living in Abuja, we have equally listed the highest-paying side hustles you can start in Abuja with little or no experience. Don’t forget to subscribe and register on our platform for more insights on how to have a fruitful stay in Abuja.