Senior Finance Manager at Jhpiego Nigeria
Senior Finance Manager at Jhpiego Nigeria
Jhpiego, a Johns Hopkins University affiliate, is a leader in the world when it comes to enhancing healthcare services for women and their families.
Job Title: Senior Finance Manager
Salary: N1,170,000 – N1,300,000 Monthly (Gross)
The Senior Finance Manager (SFM), who answers to the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO), is in charge of giving assigned projects sound financial management oversight.
In order to ensure accurate financial and contractual reporting of projects, s/he will handle local financial, compliance, and contractual aspects of assigned projects and collaborate closely with DFO and project staff.
The SFM will make sure that the financial reports adhere to Jhpiego and USAID norms and regulations and are compliant with accepted accounting principles.
In addition to implementing and maintaining the on-site financial accounting and bookkeeping system necessary to guarantee the integrity and successful execution of project financial operations, s/he will be in charge of making sure they practice cost considerations and efficient spending.
Roles and Responsibilities
- For allocated Jhpiego active projects, financial planning, budgeting, and reporting are required.
- Educate the program teams (including sub-awardees) on the project’s financial requirements.
- Visit sub-award field monitoring sites and expand capacity as necessary
- Establish and maintain a precise financial reporting and reimbursement system in line with Jhpiego’s defined accounting framework.
- Will use the agency’s financial software to provide a monthly financial report, i.e. The use of QuickBooks Enterprise (QBE) and prompt submission to headquarters are guaranteed.
- To compile, analyze, and format data and/or reports, use a variety of software tools, including as spreadsheets, relational databases, statistical packages, and graphic packages.
- Make that the financial management systems provide accurate, up-to-date, and thorough disclosure of financial transactions.
- Ensures that they maintain budgets in order to keep expenditures on track by closely monitoring cash flow.
- Designs and puts into practice effective internal controls by following the advice from compliance reviews.
- Implements rules and processes, advises staff on them and leads trainings as necessary.
- Examines payroll and disbursements for legitimacy and correctness
- Helps local sub-grantees with financial compliance and reporting as needed
- Create precise budgets, keep tabs on spending, and make sure that the necessary cost-performance monitoring systems are in place and being followed
- Prevents budget overspending or underspending,
- Ensures that monies are properly protected and that established USG and Jhpiego worldwide financial, accounting, and administrative procedures are followed.
- Oversees the creation, approval, and monitoring of project budgets
- Determines whether variations are reasonable and, as necessary, takes appropriate action after reviewing monthly financial analysis and budget vs. cost reports.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, or an equivalent degree that is recognized
- It is necessary to have an MBA in Accounting or professional qualification (CPA, ACCA, or a recognized equivalent).
- 10 years at the very least of relevant experience in financial accounting.
- Prior managerial experience within an international NGO
- Understanding the rules, guidelines, and requirements of institutional funders (such as the United Nations, USAID/CDC, DFID, etc.) is a bonus.
- Practical knowledge of utilizing the accounting software QuickBooks.
- Having knowledge of and experience with budget management software for analysis and reports.
Jhpiego provides a full range of perks to employees, including:
- Plans for health and dental care
- Paid time off
- Vacations and sick days
- Insurance for personal injuries
- 403(b) pension plan
- Disability and life insurance
- Travel protection
- An additional strategy for education aid
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply online
Additionally, successful applicants would be subject to screening and background checks before being employed for this job in Abuja.
Additionally, our guide on how to get around Abuja is your surest platform to living in Abuja as a young person. You can also check out our list of highly lucrative in-demand skills and position yourself for job opportunities in Abuja.
To further help young people living in Abuja, we have equally listed the highest-paying side hustles you can start in Abuja with little or no experience. Don’t forget to subscribe and register on our platform for more insights on how to have a fruitful stay in Abuja.