Should You Buy A House Or Land In Abuja?
Should you buy a house or land in Abuja? That’s is the question this article is going to answer so that you can properly weigh your choices.
If you want to own a house in Abuja, there are several ways to go about it. You could either buy a house that is already established or you could buy some plots of land and build your house from scratch.
Everyone knows that going house hunting can get really tiring and stressful most of the time, especially in a place like Abuja where people are relocating to in numbers. House hunting also means you have to spend a lot of time finding and deciding if a particular house is exactly what you need like the location and size. And that brings us back to the question of whether to buy a house or land in Abuja. So in the following paragraphs, I have listed some pros and cons of whether to buy a house or land in Abuja which will help you decide the one that is best for you.
Buying A House or Land in Abuja: Weighing the Pros and Cons
While you might want to jump right in and buy a house because that is definitely quicker than building a house which can take years, it is still a good thing to weigh your options carefully so you can decide on what would suit you the most.
Buying a Land: The Pros
- You can build the exact house style that you want. It is always easier to design your own house just the way you want it. Buying an already established house might not give you the room to modify it. And even if you could modify it, a lot of extra cash would have to go into it.
- You can buy land and build your house more affordably in some locations. It’s always cheaper to get land in the developing parts of Abuja rather than the core areas. If that is something you wouldn’t mind, you can make it work favorably for you.
- Building a house in a developing area in Abuja can mean that as time goes on, the value of your property would increase.
Buying a Land: The Con
It can become really expensive because buying land is one thing and building a house from scratch is another thing. The cost of buying land and then building your house can quickly rack up whereas you could just buy an already built house for cheaper.
Buying a House: The Pros
- You can decide to buy an already-built house in an established community where you can easily have access to the best social amenities.
- After finding a house and doing all the proper research about it and deciding that it is exactly what you want, there is room to negotiate the price that you are given until you settle on that favors both you and the seller.
- In some cases, it might be cheaper to just buy a house than start from scratch.
Buying a Land: The Con
Actually finding a home that suits your style and need might become a chore. You might have eyes for a particular location in Abuja and not find a house that fits your specifications.
Either buying a house or land in Abuja can be the right choice for you. In some cases, buying a house is cheaper while in other cases, buying land might be more beneficial. But I hope this article has been able to help you weigh your choices of whether to buy a house or land in Abuja.