What is the distance between Abuja and Awka?
What is the distance between Abuja and Awka by Road? Here’s the answer to this question and some more tips you need to know when traveling from Abuja to Awka, the Anambra State capital.
- 1. Quick Facts
- 2. Distance from Abuja to Awka by Road
- 3. Distance from Abuja to Awka by Air
- 4. How much is Abuja to Awka by Road?
- 5. How much is Abuja to Awka by Air?
- 6. Choosing a Bus from Abuja to Awka
- 7. Some Important Travel Tips
- 8. Finally
Before the main details, here is a brief summary to get you started.
- Distance by Road: 453.3 km
- Distance by Air: 173 nautical miles
- Route: Via Abuja – Lokoja Rd/Lokoja – Abaji – Dawliko Rd/A2
- Duration of Travel by Road: 8 hr 9 min
- Duration of Travel by Air: 22 min – 39 min.
- Bus Ticket Price: $23
- Flight Ticket price: $167 – $210 (including taxi fare from Asaba to Awka)
Distance from Abuja to Awka by Road
The total distance from Abuja to Awka on the fastest route, the Abuja – Lokoja Rd/Lokoja – Abaji – Dawliko Rd/A2 route, is approximately 453.3 km. This Distance might sometime vary due to some factors:
- The route to be taken.
- The condition of the road you are plying.
- The number of checkpoints encountered whilst traveling.
- The weather conditions at the time of travel.
Distance from Abuja to Awka by Air
The distance when taking a flight from Abuja to Awka, the Anambra state capital is 173 nautical miles. And the travel time is 22minutes to 39 minutes.
How much is Abuja to Awka by Road?
Abuja to Awka by road price is approximately $23.
Prices of bus tickets from Abuja to Awka vary depending on the transport company in question. There are so many factors that account for this price variation such as the route, the number of buses available, seasonal demand, and others.
How much is Abuja to Awka by Air?
There is no direct flight from Abuja to Awka since there is no airport in Awka. However, you can fly from Abuja to Asaba which has the closest airport to Awka, and then take a taxi to Awka. This arrangement costs about $167 – $210.
Choosing a Bus from Abuja to Awka
Several factors have to be jotted down when you are thinking of choosing a bus from Abuja to Awka.
When you are thinking of picking a bus from Abuja to Awka, one of the things you should consider first is your budget. How much are you willing to spare for the journey determines the kind of bus you are to choose when traveling. Money can get you almost anything, the best traveling experience is one of them.
Consider the seating arrangement for the different transport companies before deciding to board their vehicle. This will allow you to enjoy the journey without getting sandwiched between other passengers. Extra comfort attracts extra costs, but is worth every penny spent.
Some routes a considered very dangerous to travel through especially in Nigeria, it is advisable you stick to travel companies that travel on less dangerous routes.
Proximity to Your Home
Always pick transport companies with terminals located near your home. This would save you extra the taxi costs and time required to get to the terminals.
State of the Bus to the Bus to be taken
Always choose buses that are new and sound whilst avoiding old and rickety ones. This would eliminate the occurrence of breakdowns and mechanical issues.
Some Important Travel Tips
As you are traveling on this road, there are important travel tips that we would want you to always consider.
Consider the following while traveling:
- If you make it early to the bus terminal, we suggest you sit beside the window
- While traveling during rainy seasons, always carry a sweater or a scarf in case of changes in weather
- Make sure you eat only light food, so as to avoid stomach upsets and discomforts.
- Keep every important piece of luggage at arm’s length. Only heavy luggage should be kept in the trunk.
- Read signposts to know your bearings and if anything is amiss, ask the driver and other passengers for clarification.
- Keeping aside some extra cash can never be a bad idea.
These costs of traveling to Awka from Abuja are the best prices you can get. Note that you can use these to get a market estimate.
We usually don’t advise you to take road-side buses when traveling. If you decide to take any roadside buses because you want to meet up with the tight economic situation, then you are doing that at your own peril.
Around Abuja is the one-stop traveling and relocation guide website you can trust. We hope our articles speak well for you.
Do enjoy your trip and have a safe one.