Program Assistant at Plan International
About the Company
Plan International is an autonomous, non-profit development and humanitarian organization that promotes girls’ equality and children’s rights. We advocate for children’s rights from conception to maturity, and we give them the tools they need to anticipate and overcome challenges. We believe in every child’s strength and potential, but we are aware poverty, violence, exclusion, and discrimination frequently stifled that this.
Job Title: Program Assistant
Job Type: Full-Time
The Home Food Fortification Project aims to increase the ability of frontline health workers and community volunteers to distribute MNPs and support and data management through the use of digital/mobile platforms to caregivers of eligible children 6 – 23 months (roughly 55,000) in urban slums of selected area councils in the FCT.
This position’s goal is to assist with project management and technical work, which involves creating work plans, involving stakeholders, documenting, keeping track of progress, conducting research, and carrying out other implementation tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The position holder will work with and via Plan International Nigeria’s project employees, other departments, and other divisions to help carry out all project deliverables.
- Additionally, the position holder will be in charge of project documentation, including reports, work plans, summaries of the delivery of goods, and management of social media groups.
- Encourage project coordination and keep an eye on project execution.
- Support the creation, execution, and oversight of work plans and budgets.
- In order to choose project sites/wards and distribute supplies in accordance with the project’s design, coordinate with the project’s participants, health facilities, community, and local authorities.
- Take part in the project’s research procedures.
- Regularly notify the technical team on the plan so they can make judgments about the program.
- Encourage the development and upkeep of positive working connections with the pertinent State actors, local authorities, and women’s organizations.
- Attend meetings for planning and coordination and represent the organization there. Prepare project documentation, such as activity, monthly, and quarterly project reports on implementation, and contribute to the final narrative reports in accordance with donor specifications.
- Help the administrative team create ad hoc contracts and staff agreement paperwork.
- Assist in the creation and gathering of thorough draft monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Take on any additional duties outlined by the project coordinator.
- Support the project to make sure that it followed all financing guidelines.
- Participate in budget creation and check that the spending and forecasts match the goals.
- For the efficient execution of project operations, support the timely and appropriate use of all procurement and logistical infrastructure.
- Verify effective communication and information management
Our Ideal Candidate
- University degree in a discipline connected to health or development, or completion of any other pertinent program.
- Work experience of two years in social development, community health initiatives, and effective collaboration with regional partners, including the government, traditional leaders, and civil society
- demonstrated capacity for problem-solving, experience working in teams, creativity, and innovation.
- knowledge of creating project reports and keeping track of project progress
- English language proficiency, both spoken and written.
- basic knowledge of finances and administration
- excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities.
- Excellent communication skills; excellent ability to establish cordial relationships with the team; resourcefulness, adaptability, and capacity to operate in a dynamic and demanding workplace.
- Possessing good report-writing abilities
- Passion for growth and learning.
- Proficiency with the internet and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Strengthens the team’s feeling of purpose and stakeholders’ sense of commitment
- Holds themselves and others accountable for upholding established expectations for behavior and goals.
- Self-awareness and strong emotional intelligence.
- strong dedication to lifelong study.
- Flexible and problem-solving oriented with a “can-do” attitude
- actively looks for assistance while dealing with challenges throughout the performance of duties.
- High ethics and professionalism are displayed.
- Strategic thinking and effective personal and organizational development contributions.
How to Apply
Interested persons should click here to apply.
The application deadline is 19th September 2022.
Additionally, our guide on how to get around Abuja is your surest platform to living in Abuja as a young person. You can also check out our list of highly lucrative in-demand skills and position yourself for job opportunities in Abuja.