Hostel Supervisor at Nile University of Nigeria
About Nile University
Abuja is home to the rapidly expanding private university Nile University of Nigeria. They established the University in 2009 and is a part of Honoris United Universities, the first and biggest network of higher education institutions in Africa. Over 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students attend Nile University, which offers 51 postgraduate programs across six colleges and 38 undergraduate programs spread over six faculties.
Job Title: Hostel Supervisor
Location: Jabi, Abuja
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Help manage the day-to-day operations of the individual halls or assigned residences.
- Assign beds to students under the hostel’s management’s approval. Ensure that students abide by the rules and guidelines governing lodging.
- Help the management keep the hostels in a strict environment.
- Aid in resolving student conflict.
- Keep an eye out for any suspicious activity or criminal activity in or near the hostel, and report it to the management team.
- Make sure that the dining hall, common area, study room, game room, etc. are always kept in a livable condition.
- When provided, oversee the distribution of hostel supplies to students.
- Make sure that messages to the authority are coordinated and routed correctly.
- Examine any students who requested a room in a dorm.
- Communicate with parents regarding assigned pupils on a frequent basis
- Before leaving the hostel for class, make sure the students have cleaned their rooms, set up their mattresses, and organized their lockers.
- Responsible for inspecting the school inventory in different hostel levels and rooms, and reporting any damaged property to the hostel leadership.
- Participate in all gatherings and training sessions arranged by the hostel’s leadership
- Inform the hostel management about any student wrongdoing.
- Organize competitions, reading getaways, and programs that encourage and foster reading habits among the students besides sporting events to support students’ physical welfare.
- Organize activities to spread knowledge and admonition about drug and substance addiction.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in counseling and guidance, education, psychology, or a closely related field
- 3 years minimum in a comparable position within the educational sector
- Having lived in a dorm or hostel as a student or staff
- Working familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic certificate in psychology and education
- Ability to manage and communicate confidential information while exercising independent judgment.
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and speaking
- Strong leadership abilities for team collaboration and leadership
- Possesses a high degree of patience and empathy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (in PDF)
- Curriculum Vitae in PDF saved with your full name.
Nile University of Nigeria, which is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other legally protected trait, will give all qualified applicants consideration for employment.
They will contact only those who have been shortlisted.
Additionally, our guide on how to get around Abuja is your surest platform to living in Abuja as a young person. You can also check out our list of highly lucrative in-demand skills and position yourself for job opportunities in Abuja.
To further help young people living in Abuja, we have equally listed the highest-paying side hustles you can start in Abuja with little or no experience. Don’t forget to subscribe and register on our platform for more insights on how to have a fruitful stay in Abuja.