Project Administrative Officer at Christian Blind Mission (CBM) International
About the Company
CBM is a global organization that promotes inclusive development for individuals with disabilities. It is officially known as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V. In the world’s most impoverished areas, it has been battling for more than a century to enhance the quality of life for those who are disabled. Disability prevention is a priority for it. Creating a society where individuals with disabilities have the same opportunities and rights as everyone else is a goal of CBM, which seeks to end the cycle of poverty and disability in developing nations.
We are seeking candidates for the following position:
Job Title: Project Administrative Officer
Job Type: Full-Time
Oversee the effective and efficient running of the AOLFEIN state project offices in accordance with the applicable CBM criteria. Make sure the level of service fulfills the needs of the project and the anticipated deadlines. To ensure effective fleet management and other demands, help the state project drivers and logistic assistants.
Roles and Responsibilities
- He or she will gather proforma invoices on authorized buy requisitions for the project states’ purchases of goods and services, create an analysis of the offers, and provide recommendations.
- Following the completion of the purchase order, we’ll check in to ensure prompt delivery.
- S/he keeps track of procurement information, such as supplier lists and standards for products and services, and makes sure that the project states are effectively served via timely and cost-effective procurement.
- Prepare bid evaluation reports, abstracts, or financial comparison matrices of offers.
- Gather information from quotations, proposals, and bids to identify the supplier who can provide the needed goods/services under the best conditions and at the lowest cost while taking into account price, quality, delivery time, payment terms, and other factors.
- Immediately requests further parameters from the asking units if the purchase request is unclear or incomplete.
- In accordance with CBM HR policy, s/he will oversee all of the employees under his/her supervision, including setting their goals, conducting performance reviews, managing their leave, and providing technical assistance as needed.
- Supervises and plans the work of workers (outsourced) involved in setup, installation, repair, and maintenance to make sure that the job is finished in line with the service agreement or contract.
- He or she will be in charge of making sure that all fleet and generator fuel usage records are kept properly and accurately (log sheet, stock report).
- If monthly fuel reports are provided for automobiles and generators, he or she will review them.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A business administration bachelor’s degree or its equivalent graduate degree is required, and membership in any pertinent professional organization is advantageous.
- Three or more years of steadily increasing responsibility in the areas of procurement, administration, and logistics, preferably in the INGO sector.
- Experience with relevant HR administration will be advantageous.
- Shown expertise in procurement and logistics in the INGO sector with an emphasis on maintaining adherence to established donor guidelines.
- Ability to prioritize various tasks in a situation where time is of the essence, meet deadlines, use excellent judgment, and effectively communicate while adopting a flexible and rational approach to problem-solving, especially while under time constraints.
- Monitoring and evaluating performance in order to enhance it or make corrections.
- Decent organizing abilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Demonstrated capacity for professional communication with multicultural staff, clients, and consultants.
- The capacity to work independently, exercise initiative and do tasks on time and to a high standard.
- Showed intermediate computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs.
- Expert in functional areas who is familiar with processes and goods.
How to Apply
Candidates that meet the requirements should click here to apply online.
- Only those who are chosen will be contacted.
- Applications for the position are evaluated continuously and may involve extra assessment procedures.
- CBM urges women and people with disabilities to apply for this position in particular.
- The new employee will uphold CBM’s principles and comply with its code of conduct and safeguarding policy.