Senior Lecturer, Mass Communication at Nile University of Nigeria
Abuja is home to the rapidly expanding private university Nile University of Nigeria. The University was established in 2009 and is a part of Honoris United Universities, the first and biggest network of higher education institutions in Africa. Over 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students attend Nile University, which offers 51 postgraduate programs across six colleges and 38 undergraduate programs spread over six faculties.
We are hiring for the role listed below:
Job Title: Senior Lecturer, Mass Communication
Job Type: Full-Time
We are currently looking for a Senior Lecturer to join our thriving Mass Communication Department who is highly qualified, results-driven, and has great personal and professional ethics.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Make ensuring that the creation and delivery of the course adhere to the departmental and university quality requirements.
- Manage project deliverables, produce results, and ensure impact while leading research and/or innovation proposals and initiatives that have the potential to be financially rewarding.
- Organize and oversee the distribution of research results.
- Oversee the creation of peer-reviewed publications, practitioner outputs, and/or the dissemination of research results through other suitable channels.
- Make presentations at academic and/or practitioner conferences that are local, national, and/or international, or display work at other gatherings that are appropriate.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Director of Studies for research degree students to oversee timely completion, or supervise students pursuing research degrees to ensure timely completion.
- Assist university stakeholders in locating funding sources for research and take the initiative in getting financing.
- Control the timely and cost-effective completion of solitary or group research initiatives.
- Apply the knowledge you’ve learned through study, research, and innovation to relevant outside activities like teaching and learning.
Our Ideal Candidate
- A PhD in mass communications or a similar discipline is required of candidates.
- 8 years or more of experience in teaching and research, with notable publications in national and international journals.
- Candidates must be able to present academic leadership with proof of their ability to work collaboratively on research projects with academics both inside and outside of the university.
- Ability to plan and direct university activities and staff, as well as possess administrative abilities.
- Candidates must be computer literate and have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites, among other things.
- Must be a member of or registered with the appropriate professional bodies.
- Possibility of assisting in the School Development Plan’s and the institution’s strategic planning procedures’ success.
- The development and implementation of new programs, particularly those incorporating novel approaches, on a regular and consistent basis
- Developing a track record of research output or proof of involvement in successful design practice.
- Candidates must be able to present academic leadership with proof of their ability to work
- Collaboratively on research projects with academics both inside and outside of the university.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Application Deadline 14th October, 2022.
- Your current curriculum vitae (CV) in a PDF, saved with your full name.
- A Cover Letter explaining how you meet the advertised criteria (also in a PDF).
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted