Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme at the University of Cambridge 2023-2024
Applications are currently being accepted for the 2023–2024 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Cambridge. The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Cambridge seeks to provide deserving students from economically underprivileged and hard-to-reach communities in Africa with fully funded opportunities to complete their master’s degrees, grow as transformative leaders, and support climate resilience and sustainability in the continent.
About Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme Award
This grant covers tuition, living expenses, and other costs in full for master’s students (for e.g. travel, visa costs and the immigration health surcharge). There is a stipend available for dependent children moving live with a student at Cambridge.
Eligibility for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme
- The applicant must be a national of an African nation and provide evidence of their economic marginalization or economic disadvantage.
- Must demonstrate a temporary absence for study or job with the intention to return or unless you have been displaced, you must normally reside in an African country.
- Must be attempting to enroll in a one-year Master’s program at Cambridge University.
- Prospective Scholars may apply in a variety of academic fields.
YOU WILL ALSO LIKE: BEA Awards for Nigerians to Study Abroad | APPLY
- By the funding deadline for your chosen course of study (which will either be December 1, 2022 or January 5, 2023; check the course directory for the applicable funding deadline), submit an application for admission to the university via the course directory and indicate that you wish to apply for funding.
- Before you may submit your application for a Master’s program, you must pay a £50 application fee. However, several African nations are exempt from the charge by default; see the list in Section 3 – Overseas applicants.
- Fill out the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme Fee Waiver Form and send it along with the necessary supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are from a nation that does not automatically receive a charge waiver and the fee would be a financial obstacle for you.
- Before submitting your application through the applicant portal, you should finish this step.
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Programme Application Deadlines:
- If your funding deadline is December 1, 2022, you must submit your fee waiver form at least five working days before the course deadline (by November 25, 2022);
- If your funding deadline is January 5, 2023, you must submit your fee waiver form by December 19, 2022; and if you’re asking for your application fee to be reimbursed, you must submit the form by January 5, 2023.
Note that applicants will have to be made a conditional offer of admission from the University in order to be considered for a Scholarship. For more information, visit Mastercard Foundation.